Hits Counter

Monday, June 8, 2009

Q: Pain After a Filling?


asked by: kashmir819 on June 29th, 2004
New User
window.google_render_ad();
I'm very upset that the filling I had done 5 days ago(white filling on my upper molar), is still bothering me with a dull, constant ache. And when I drink or eat hot or cold, I get a sharp shooting pain in that tooth. I did see the same dentist yesterday to have him check this out, and all he did was do an adjustment to file some of the filling down, that he said was a little high on the tooth. Then he told me,that sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for the filling to settle in, so it might still bother me for that couple of weeks. But if after a couple of weeks, my tooth still bothers me, to go back to him for an xray on the tooth. Has anyone else had to go through this? Should I not wait the wholPattyVe two weeks and see another dentist? This is really making me mad!
PattyV
replied on June 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Tooth Sensitivity
Please don't be angry!It is very common for a tooth to be sensitive after a filling-especially a tooth colored one.Your nerve may be"upset" after all that work and needs some time to calm down.Usually the tooth recovers and is just fine.I doubt if you see another dentist they'll do anything different.Did your dentist advise you to take any otc pain meds??If so,take them and be patient.Good luck!!!
Did you find this post useful?.......yes.........no




source:ehealthforum.com/health/topic






No comments:

Post a Comment